Tall and graceful, grays are a quintessentially cosmopolitan people, at home amid the vibrant cultures and traditions they adapt from the other people of the world. Their most notable physical features are their extraordinarily-keen senses; this heightened awareness of sensation leads many grays to exult in the musical, visual, and culinary arts, and to adorn themselves in vibrant colors and textured fabrics in sharp contrast to their pale skin.
Grays are like mental and social sponges, absorbing information and customs as if they were born into them. It’s a commonly held belief that grays are like cultural blank slates until they find one that inspires them, and for many, this is at least partially true.
Grays can be found in all professions and walks of life, but they are especially prominent as chefs, musicians, clothiers, and artists.
- -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence.
- Medium size.
- A gray’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-light vision.
- Weapon Proficiency: Grays are automatically proficient with one martial or simple weapon of their choice.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. A gray who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it.