Crags are a sturdy, surefooted race with one eye always towards the future. Crag society emphasizes responsibility, both personal and to one’s family, community, city, and the world in general.
There is no such thing as a blameless accident in a typical crag’s mind; if one had planned better, taken the time to take all the factors into account, then it could have been avoided. This attitude drives crags towards careful planning, dutiful organization, and meticulous record-keeping. They make excellent administrators, architects, librarians, lawyers, and researchers, especially when teamed with a crew of bolds to help actually carry out the plans they might otherwise never get around to doing.
- +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma.
- Medium size.
- A crag’s base land speed is 20 feet. However, crags can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.
- Darkvision out to to 60 feet.
- Stonecunning: This ability grants a crag a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A crag who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a crag can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A crag can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
- Stability: Crags are exceptionally stable on their feet. A crag has a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like effects.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise and Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.